- Video & Phone Calls: We are going to be around one another less, so let's make an effort to call another more. And not just to say "hi", but to do something together. At L'Arche Portland, our dinner tables are places to connect, so we are encouraging our homes to connect with another and their friends during this time. Before or after your meal, during the time when you might pray, use the device in your pocket to call/video with someone. You might ask one another the following questions:
- What was something you enjoyed today? (Rose)
- What was something that was challenging today? (Thorn)
- What are you looking forward to? (Bud)
- Who are you thinking about? Who do you appreciate? (Intentions)
- Letters & Postcards: As people will likely be spending more time at home, please consider writing letters and postcards to one another. Emails are also a wonderful way to connect.
- Walks & Visiting Parks: Inviting someone to go on a walk with you or to meet at a park, especially as Spring begins to bloom, is a nice way to get outside and safely share time together.
Join us for virtual video community nights and gatherings.