As a member of the Development Team, the Outreach Coordinator reports to the Director of Development and helps to implement the annual Development & Communications Plan. The goal of this plan is to build a fundraising and relationship-building capacity that ensures financial sustainability, prepares for and supports new organizational growth, and engages people meaningfully into the mission of L’Arche.
- Support the cultivation of new donors and stewardship of current donors, including writing thank you notes, making phone calls, and attending donor meetings when appropriate.
- Coordinate and support the execution of all fundraising events, including the procurement of in-kind donations and sponsorships, managing vendors and volunteers, and generating excitement for events from people throughout Portland.
- Coordinate digital communications, including email marketing, website, and social media.
- Design and coordinate print communications, including invites, appeals, and newsletters.
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of press releases, paid advertising, and media spots.
- Attend Development Team and Development Committee meetings.
- Ensure that donor data is complete, accurate, and useful.
- Maintain the Development & Communications Calendar.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Embraces the mission and values of L’Arche.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Effective writing, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in creating professional-quality marketing materials for print and online use.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities and abilities.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Infrequent evening or weekend hours will be required to accommodate events or meetings.
- Familiarity with donor development and online event management systems, preferably Donor Perfect and Greater Giving.
HOURS: 20 hours/week
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Monday, June 4, 2018
PREFERRED START DATE: Thursday, July 5, 2018 or as soon as candidate is available
HOW TO APPLY:
• Cover letter expressing interest in the position
• Writing Sample, Digital Media Sample, Design Sample (as available)
Submit materials as PDF to: