We hope the power of the evening resonated with those of you who were able to be with us. Thank you to everyone who raised their hands in solidarity with L'Arche Portland, pledging to support our mission now and in years to come. Thank you for your prayers for core members, assistants, staff and volunteers. Congratulations to those of you who walked away with one of our fabulous auction packages!
We were treated to incredible music this year. It pulled on our heartstrings, built a sense of belonging and community, and called us to action in support of L'Arche Portland. Thank you to Julianne Johnson, Michael Allen Harrison, Grant Richards, Jeremy Doney, and members of United by Music North America for sharing your gifts and talents with us! You inspired so many that evening, and we are thankful for your commitment to L'Arche Portland.
So many people came together to make this evening possible, and we share our success with each and every one of you: performers, volunteers, committee members, core members and assistants, donors, sponsors and first-time event attendees. We would like to especially thank:
- Our Sponsors: University of Portland; Kell Alterman Runstein LLP; Fire on the Mountain; Sisters of Providence; Atlas Motors; Danco; CareOregon; Pacific Continental Bank; Heffernan Insurance Brokers; OnPoint Community Credit Union; and Oregon Health Authority Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Michael Biornstad for his moving testimonial on how the L'Arche Portland community has impacted his life
- Mercedes Arntson for her hard work leading procurement and to the many donors who provided amazing auction items
- Kim Foren of Geranium Lake and Geri Fucile and Denise Le Chevallier for the beautiful floral arrangements
- Widmer Brothers and Cynthia Chrystal for their donations of beer and wine for the evening
- Kate Nason for help with our silent auction
- Our bakers for providing delicious treats for the dessert auction
- All of the day-of volunteers, including a great group of students from Jesuit High School
Thank you to everyone who made a Heart of L'Arche pledge at the Benefit Celebration. We are grateful for your 3-year commitment of at least $1,000/year to help us uphold the promises of care and friendship that we make to core members, assistants and all who contribute to our community. The Benefit Celebration raised $19,000 in Heart of L'Arche pledges, bringing our total to $43,000 in commitments from 19 donors thus far! Interested in joining the Heart of L'Arche? Contact Tamara at email@example.com.