Ten Pillars of L'Arche Spirituality:
- Welcome: to open our hearts to one another
- Simplicity: to discover God’s presence in daily life
- Forgiveness: to forgive one another
- Celebration: to celebrate passages and important events in our personal as well as communal lives
- Authentic relationships: to be happy with who we are and share our gift with others
- Suffering and Joy: to walk together in times of pain and times of joy
- Prayer: to be in relationship with God through prayer – personal and communal
- Loss and Grief: to support each other as we live through times of loss and grief
- Growth: to grow and bear fruit for others
- Be Light for the World: to announce God’s love to others in our neighborhoods, churches and society.
Our community of faith is composed of people of different faith traditions, spiritual paths, and intellectual abilities and we are committed to living intentionally out of the deeply spiritual dimension of life. Each member is called to be rooted and deepen in his or her chosen faith tradition or spiritual path, and to recognize, respect and nurture the underlying unity of all faith traditions, especially those practiced by our members. The richest expressions of this underlying unity are in the authentic and mutual relationships built through the joys and challenges of sharing daily life together.
Let us take these first weeks of the new year to center ourselves on the Pillars of L'Arche Spirituality as we enter yet another year of growth and community building at L'Arche Portland and any other communities we are a part of.
Comment below and let us know which Pillars of L'Arche Spirituality resonate most with you and why, or which ones you hope to focus on in the coming year.